• "The cottage was wonderful. Everything clean, neat and in working order. Thanks again for sharing your lakeside cottage with us. The weather was clear every day except Friday afternoon and evening. There was a t-storm Wednesday night, but except for the higher than normal waves, this one had no impact on our plans. We built fires in the fire-ring almost every night.
We saw lots of birds. Mostly herring gulls, but also a large multi-family group of common loons, a pair of mute swans, a half dozen blue herons (or more precisely, a half dozen sightings), and some Canada geese. There were ducks flying in pairs out on the bay, but I could not distinguish the species for sure (blacks, I think). There was also a large sandpiper that could have been a sanderling, a tern of some sort, and a large gull-like bird that was either a female ruff (highly unusual for the summer shore of the Great Lakes) or a very large immature herring gull (if immature herring gulls have black bills).
We saw deer and turkey in the cherry orchards on the way into town, and deer footprints (looking like a doe and a fawn from the size) in the sand N of the cottage, around the first point into the bay. After the rainstorm Wednesday night, there were drifts of mussel shells taller than me on the shoreline, wrapping around some of the points a few hundred yards N of the cottage. Quite amazing.
I saw what I assumed was either fox or coyote scat in the weeds just inland from the high water mark farther N up the shoreline. Clearly not domestic dog (although there were a few of those around, too).
It was a great week."
• "Just a note to tell you how very much we enjoyed our time at your cottage. What a beautiful home, setting, environment. My husband and I spent the time up there away from it all (kids, dogs, schedules, chaos) and felt truly rested and blessed. I don't know how you can stand to be away from there!
Also wanted to compliment you on the immaculateness of the house both in cleanliness and in working order. We've rented plenty of places where things aren't quite what they should be, but your home was in perfect working condition, very well stocked, and sparkling clean. Thank you for that as well."
• " In regards to comments on the cabin, it was even better than we'd remembered from our brief visit last year. You provide lots of nice touches and features (like dish washer and washer). It was nice for my wife to not have to do lots of exit cleaning - although we tried to leave it as orderly as possible. We really enjoyed the large master bedroom and balcony. Our son and his wife had the room across from us and the two kids were downstairs. The views from the living area (and upper bedroom) were great. So, we were very satisfied. The amount of dishware was amazing! We could have had a banquet."
• "In a word, everything was excellent! Of course, we already knew the area and location is great. We had super weather - only rained once. The water was the warmest I've ever experienced it. We spent lots of time in the water. The day we went to the beach at Leelanau State Park there were huge waves and we had great fun playing in them. Our 5 year old grandson really loved it. We enjoy bicycling into town to Barb's bakery every morning. Friday night we did the concert at the marina. Our three year old and five year old grandchildren had a wonderful time. They really enjoyed the playground.
I also attended church at the Presbyterian church in Omena. I really am happy that they've been able to carry on for 152 years! The church was full the Sunday I went. "
• "I wanted to let you know how much we enjoyed our stay at your cabin. It was so clean and well supplied with kitchen utensils. The dish washer and the washer and dryer were wonderful. We had a wonderful vacation and will recommend you to anyone who asks."
• "We had a wonderful stay at your cottage. Thank you for letting us rent it. The weather was great the whole week. It was cooler than we expected for August, but very comfortable and still warm enough to play in the water. Much bigger waves on GT Bay most days than we had previously experienced. Only one morning of downpour rain, and was raining Sat when we left. "
• "Our son proposed to his fiancÚ on the beach at your cottage July 31 evening under 3 shooting stars! He told her he loved her today, tomorrow, and forever....so the 3 shooting stars were absolutely perfect! So...great memories were made at your lovely place and thought we'd share this excitement with you!"
• "We had a wonderful time and the cottage worked out beautifully for all of us!
Beautiful location, lovely large deck (with nice old tree for shade!), firepit, the bikes in garage were better than our own bikes!
The kitchen was great size (others have been so small!) with all the appliances and needs. Ice maker is great to have.
All the games in the closet were great (Pictionary and Trivial Pursuit) especially on our one rain day.
The puzzle we picked to finish over two days was the hot air balloon one.
The fans were needed and much appreciated.
Enjoyed the telescope and binoculars to watch boats, wildlife, and follow the landscape across the bay.
Bathrooms were nice.
The whole place was so clean. Friendly little chimpmunk visited us daily.
We felt very comfortable there and appreciated all the furnishings...you have a lovely home away from home."
• "We had a wonderful stay and we hope that we will be able to rent it again sometime. My children are already asking, 'When can we go back'."
• "We really absolutely loved staying there!"
• "We really enjoyed our stay at your cottage -
Lake Michigan, Sweet Cherries, White Fish, Fudge, Beautiful Stones, Beautiful Views, Fantastic Sunsets.
Thank you again."
• "In all, it is such a beautiful spot. The boys liked going every day to play tennis. I love the sweet cherries, finding rocks, sunsets, and swimming in Lake Michigan. My daughter-in-law likes all the little shops in Northport and Leland (and Suttons Bay). My husband likes the deck and Lake Michigan beaches and sunsets. The boys liked the camp fires and making s'mores and thy found their own Petosky stones this year. Christmas Cove was well stocked with stones this year."